Once you fill out your application, you can print it out and bring it with you to the shelter, or email it to email@example.com
Instructions and fees below are via the Clatsop County website
Dogs: $110 younger than 10 years old; $50 for 10 or older.
Cats $75 younger than 10 years; $20 for 10 years or older.
Bonded pair (emotional attachment to each other) available for single price.
Adoption fee includes:
License for dogs
Heartworm, Leukemia & Immunodeficiency Virus Antibody test for cats
1-HCPCH+FeLV shot for cats
1-DAPPvL2+Cv shot for dogs
Bronci-Shield Oral for dogs
Training and behavior information packet
Please have patience during this process.
1. Pick out an animal you would like to meet and potentially adopt, either by going online (click here to view the current animals in the shelter) or visiting the shelter and viewing available animals posted on the front door.
2. Fill out a 2-page adoption application.
3. Shelter staff will call the adopter (make sure the phone number on the application is correct) after the application is reviewed and will set an appointment to meet.
4. If adopting a dog, all members of household must meet the pet. All resident dogs must meet new pet.
5. For dogs, an appointment for a home visit will be made. This is to help you have a successful adoption.
6. After the home visit is completed and approved, an appointment will be made to complete the adoption and make payment, then an appointment with the veterinarian will be scheduled to have your new family member spayed or neutered (unless the pet is already altered).
What to bring when adopting:
– Driver’s license or other official photograph identification
– Your dog or any dogs living in the household if you are planning to adopt another dog
– All family members/persons living in home
– Patience. This process takes time.
Have your home set up to accommodate your new pet before it arrives (fence repaired, cable run set up, etc.).