CLATSOP ANIMAL ASSISTANCE, INC.
Welcome to Clatsop Animal Assistance. We are located in Warrenton Oregon (just outside of Astoria). Clatsop Animal Assistance, Inc. (CAA) is a non-profit animal welfare organization dedicated to promoting and providing for the needs of the Clatsop County Animal Shelter’s homeless pets. We also promote animal adoption as the first option. CAA volunteers work hard to improve the quality of life for these animals, most directly by assisting the Animal Shelter, which has limited resources with which to deal with strays and unwanted pets within Clatsop County.
- CAA pays for veterinary care as well as antibiotics and other critical medicines that aren’t covered in the shelter’s budget. CAA also pays a portion of the spay/neuter fees for animals adopted out of the shelter.
- CAA purchases cat litter and other supplies, and pays for grooming costs not covered by the shelter’s budget.
- CAA supports the shelter’s adoption program, sponsoring promotional ads and holding adoption events.
- CAA maintains an adoption booth at Astoria’s Sunday Market every other week from May through part of September every year.
- CAA is committed to reducing pet overpopulation: we support spay/neuter programs financially and work to educate the public on the importance of spaying or neutering their pets.
WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS!
We are truly an animal welfare organization. We have no paid staff. All of our members are volunteers. Some work a few hours a week. Some work 30-40 hours a week. We have an open membership, and there are no dues.
CAA holds adoption events and fundraisers throughout the year. Much of our work is made possible by your tax deductible donations.
See the links below for our most recent annual report and 990. You can also learn more about our events, our adoption success stories, and how to become a volunteer just by clicking on one of the tabs on the tool bar. Thank you for your support of CAA and the shelter.
CAA cares about animals. We provide veterinary care and social interaction with our lodgers. No animal is “put down” unless (1) it is so badly injured or ill that living is only pain or (2) the animal is too aggressive to be adopted. Otherwise, all cats and dogs in our care get equal access to healthcare and rehabilitation. Most of the cost for this care must be raised from fundraising events and donations.
Clatsop Animal Assistance, also known as CAA, is a 501(c) 3 all-volunteer organization dedicated to helping the Clatsop County Animal Shelter’s homeless pets. We support these animals by providing funds to pay for veterinary care, spay/neuter fees, medicines, cat litter, grooming, specialty-diet foods, and other supplies not covered by the shelter budget. We promote the shelter animals by providing advertising and promotional materials and by sponsoring adoption events. CAA helps turn hardship and suffering into happy endings, sending a message of compassion and caring for animals out into the community.
CAA believes in complete transparency in its relationship with government, the public, its sponsors and donors. CAA aligns its practices with this belief by holding meetings open to the public and making financial reports available for the asking.
This short video will give you an idea of how rewarding it is to volunteer with CAA and the Clatsop County Animal Shelter.